Thursday, April 10, 2008

Game Day Log - Start #1 - Against the Marlins in FL - a Week late!

Here I am, being one of the worst bloggers AGAIN. I have all these great plans on what I am going to post about - yet I am either too busy, or too lazy to actually post what I plan!

Hopefully these posts will get more in-depth as the season rolls along, but for now this will have to do.

4/2/2008

Oliver dominated the Marlins, striking out 8 in 6 IP, allowing no runs, no extra base hits, and walking one. This line looked like this:

6IP, 5 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 8 K

Fantasy Stats to date: 1 Win, 1.00 WHIP, 8 K, 0.00 ERA - Sandbox - 30.0 PPG

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=280402128

I didn't get to watch the game in person, as it was one of my last bowling nights of the year, but I did watch most of it on the gamecase on my Sprint HTC touch phone. That feature is actually pretty cool as it allows me to see where all of the pitches were, the type of pitch, and the speed.

Ollie was in the low 90's, he hit 94/95 a few times - but seemed to be relying on his fastball low and away on almost every pitch. He rarely mixed in his slider and curve - but when he did I can imagine how hard it must have been for the hitters to react. If the mets weren't up by 11 he probably would have went deeper into the game, but the 93 pitches he threw probably had something to do with it as well.

No comments: