Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Phillies Sluggers

I have said many times before, I am not a Met fan at all. I bleed the Pinstripes - however fantasy baseball has turned me on to rooting for players more than teams, and by following Oliver Perez so closely - I obviously have started to enjoy watching the Mets every fifth day. That said - I am really starting to hate the Phillies. I shouldn't rub it in too hard though - I mean they are the losingest franchise in all of pro-sports of all-time!

That said - they have 3 players on their team that can all win an MVP in Chase Utley, Ryan Howard, and Jimmy Rollins.

2002 Bowman Chase Utley
2004 Leaf Ceritified Materials Ryan Howard
2002 Bowman Chrome Jimmy Rollins
Chase Utley is the only one of the 3 not to have won a MVP - but this could be his year if he stays healthy. He has had a few injuries the last few years, so that would have him fall to the end of the first round or the start of the second round.

Jimmy Rollins is a monster and should be drafted back to back with Hansley Ramirez and Jose Reyes in the middle of the first round. You can't go wrong with his power, speed, average, and all at a weak position. I know there are 3 - but after that you have what Jeter? Then who? What will they give your fantasy team! There are 3 first round shortstops, one that should go in round 3, then no one for the next 5-6 rounds. If you dont get one of the big guys you might as well punt the position!

Ryan Howard is an enigma. He can win the MVP award as he did 2 years ago or he can strike out 200 times. Possibly both in the same season. I don't know about you but I will take a pass until round 3. He will most likely be taken before that in most drafts, but I wont be buying!

No comments: