Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Return from the DL - Questions

Well, it has been a while since I posted on this site, and frankly I do not have much to say right now. Ollie had a terrible start to the season - for what I believe are reasons that I have already touched on - poor mechanics and a move back to his wild delivery.

Although I still look for news on him every day, and I have not given up on him as a pitcher, I am starting to feel like he is not going to turn into what I thought he would be. I am close to moving on.

He is still only 28, he compares favorably to Randy Johnson at the same age, and blah blah blah. Only results will keep me as a fan at this point.

Good luck tonight Ollie. The Mets need you after 4 straight losses. I am not looking for a shutout. I know you will still be rusty. I don't even need a quality start. The Dodgers are a great team this year, and you will be dealing with all the booing assholes at Citi field. The Mets fans are starting to look wose than the stereotypical Yankee fan. Just show me an outing where you can get to 100 pitches, and throw more strikes than balls. If you can do that, I will continue to have hope.

No comments: