Tuesday, January 15, 2008

2008 Oliver Perez Predictions

As I have posted before, I am a fantasy baseball addict. I play on a few sites - but the one that holds my interest the best, and the one I enjoy the most is sandbox.com. I play in a roto league, and 3 head to head leagues there. It is a lot of fun. 2 of the H2H leagues are keep leagues that have been together since the site went to a paid format 5-6 years ago - and the basis of the league was together for 3-4 years before that.

That site has a pretty good forum/community for people to discuss fantasy and real sports. Last year - I was predicting great things for Ollie, and I started a discussion on his prospects for 2007. There were some arguments and some good discussion - and the thread turned into the official prediction thread for 2007.

My prediction was pretty good. Although I threw a bunch of ideas around - my official prediction was not bad. I guessed 17-8, 3.96 ERA, 17.8fppg. I also threw out some other numbers - but those were the official stats we were predicting. With Ollie finishing at 15-10 with a 3.56ERA and 16.8FPPG - I was pretty close.

You can read the thread here: http://usatoday.sandbox.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=37349

Well - I have started the offical 2008 thread, and made my predictions. If you play Sandbox you should log in and post your thoughts. Or just use the comments section here to make fun of mine!

My predictions for 2008 are as follows:

Wins: 19
Losses: 8
IP: 202
K: 219
BB: 69
WHIP: 1.21
ERA: 3.11
PPG: 19.8

You can read the full thread here: http://usatoday.sandbox.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=41648

No comments: