Saturday, January 19, 2008

Some Later Cards

As I have said in my introductions, After posting my current collection, this site will be mostly about everything. Although I mostly collect only Oliver's rookie cards - every now and then something catches my eye and I purchase it. I am sure I have a ton of his cards throughout my collection - but again I will only be posting about the ones I like.

Here are a bunch of other cards that I consider postable:

2006 Topps Update
Card #UH67

Someone threw this card into one of my eBay purchases, and I like it for 2 reasons. First - it is the first card showing Ollie in a Mets uniform. Second - it has one of the best quotes about Oliver on the back, and it comes from one of the Mets most hated players:

"He's the closest thing to Randy Johnson you'll see," Chipper Jones once said of Perez.

it also says:

"If he's close to the pitcher of 2004, when he logged the third most strikeouts in Pirates history, they'll have made the deal of the century"

I think he came pretty close to 2004 in 2007, and I deel he will be more in 2008!
2003 Playoff Absolute Memorabilia
Card #147

I have the spectrum version of this card. It is serial numbered 036/100.
2003 Donruss
Card #36

I have 1 of these cards as well. Gotta love the Rated Rookie Subsets!
2003 Upper Deck
Card #23

I have 2 of these cards - one from the First Pitch version, and one standard.
2003 Upper Deck SP Authentic
Card #OP

This card is from the SP Chirography Young Stars Auto Subset. Serial numbered 17/50

No comments: